NEET or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is the most sought after and reputed medical entrance exam, in India. NEET allows aspirants to strive for undergraduate admission to MBBS or BDS.
It is also conducted for masters programs like MD and MS. Lakhs of medical aspirants around the country appear for NEET every year.
Thousands amongst them seek NEET coaching from established coaching institutes. Experienced coaches align syllabus in the manner that follows the past year trends from the exam papers.
Moreover, the institutes give guidance on the correct methodology to study and access to updated and relevant study material.
- NEET is conducted in the online mode and this makes it pretty convenient for the students
- The question paper is divided into four sections pertaining: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and General Knowledge + Reasoning.
- Wherein, the first three sections carry 60 marks each and the fourth section carries 20 marks, totaling 200 marks.
- Therefore, if the students can draft a sound strategy to complete their questions well within time, they can also have time for revision
It is suggested that during NEET preparation, aspirants take a detailed view of the past year exam papers to understand the trends. Doing this would prove helpful by allowing them all the opportunity to align their approach to study and revise in a convenient manner.
It is very important to understand the role played by relevant and updated study material to help students with their preparation. So, let’s have a look at the most suggested and sought-after reference books for NEET preparation.
Aspirants can also up skill themselves on the shortcuts and quick ways and means to solve complex problems taught during NEET coaching.
They must also schedule a quality time to go through notes and reference material provided at the coaching centers since all of that allows ample insight into the exact way the examination unfolds.
This is above and beyond the very important NCERT books, which help students clear their basics and are even said to cover the majority of NEET queries.
Reference Books for Biology
- Biology Vol 1 and Vol 2: by Trueman
- Objective Biology: by Dinesh
- Objective Biology: by Pradeep Publications
- Biology (for theory and objective): by GRB Bathla Publication
Reference Books for Physics
- Concepts of Physics: by HC Verma
- Objective Physics: by DC Pandey
- Fundamentals of Physics: by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker (Optional-Advanced Level)
- Problems in General Physics: IE Irodov (Optional-Advanced Level)
Reference Books for Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry: by O.P Tandon
- Objective Chemistry: by Dinesh Publication
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for class 11th and 12th
- Organic Chemistry: by Morrison and Boyd for Organic Chemistry (Optional- Advanced Level)
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry: by JD Lee (Optional-Advanced Level)
Buy Cheaper NEET Books from Amazon
It takes a lot of vigor and dedication to prepare yourself for NEET, and a strong mind and body to wait for the important results. However, it is imperative to give your best shot at the exam by dedicated efforts during NEET preparation.
That is when you need the support of best books and reference materials that have been tried and tested by lakhs of aspirants over the years. All the best!
About the Author
Aditya Singhal is the co-founder of www.askiitians.com, an online coaching platform for IIT JEE, Medical, and School Entrance exams. It is his passion and vision to help the engineering and medical aspirants that he along with his co-founder started with this venture. He had worked with Kurt Salmon Associates, a reputed American Management Consultancy.