CAT preparation is one of the hottest topics among most of the graduates. And it has a fine reason as well. CAT will open the doors for top IIMs for the graduates and further the window for the greatest careers someone can ever have in the industry.
Many of you will be preparing for CAT 2017 and more than those will be planning for CAT 2018. Many of the experts agree that the sincere study of 3 months is enough to launch you to the pool of 99+ percentile holders.
A famous warfare book says “A great warrior plans his victory in the temple before he actually wins it on the battlefield“.
CAT preparation is not only about a dedicated study. It needs proper pace and a very sharp aptitude as well.Your performance and chances of cracking the CAT will be much higher with a mentor.
We are confident enough that these CAT preparation tips will be helpful for you in your preparation and in your exam time.
Right Way to Prepare for CAT exam
A dream written down on the paper becomes a goal, a goal broken down into steps becomes your plan. A plan backed by action makes your dreams come true.
- Goal Visualization: So the first step to crack your CAT exam is to visualize your target. Write down your college, date of exam, attach a photo and hang it on the wall before your study table.
- Planning your War: Now, since you are have gathered enough inspiration and dream strength, the next step is to planning your fight. Make a regular routine and allocate enough time for CAT preparation. Devote 3-4 hours every day on a regular basis. The best way of doing it is by making a flexible and good routine. Include your hobbies, English books reading, solving puzzles or whatever hobbies you have.
- Gather the right CAT resources: Now you have your target before you, You know how you will study. The next thing which should be taken care of is the book selection for CAT exam. Get some good CAT books to prepare. Focus and don’t run behind thousand recommendations on the internet. Select one or two books per subjects and study them well.
- Find your Dronacharya: I admit it! It’s not easy for everyone reading it. Many of you will be preparing in your homes without coaching. But now in the internet age, it’s as simple as searching someone on LinkedIn. Find someone who has already qualified the CAT and scored well or anyone who is already mentoring students for CAT exam.
- Practice, Practice, and Practice: There is no alternative of hard-work. Leave no stone unturned while you are preparing for CAT. Work seriously hard and smart. Be quick to think and answer. Devote your time to sharpen your mind. If you are not good at some subjects give extra time to it.
Entrance Exams other than CAT for MBA
That is right! CAT is not the only exam you can apply for. Here are some other entrance exams for MBA you can prepare for.
- Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP)
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) Exam.
- AIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA)
Commonly Asked Questions about CAT Preparation
- How to Prepare for MBA entrance exams in three months?
According to some of the online experts, 3 months are enough for your CAT exam preparation even if you have not started preparing yet. But if this is the case you need an extra effort without losing a single second. Competition in CAT exam is exceptionally high. Make a plan today and start preparing.
- What are some good CAT preparation Books?
This question is an important one. We have separately listed out all the books which will help you to prepare for CAT exam to help you. Other than these, you can buy good preparation books from Amazon or Flipkart for a cheaper rate.
- What are some good authors to read for Cracking CAT with 99+ percentiles?
Some of the notable authors with a huge list of followers are R S Agrawal for Quantitative aptitude, Arun Sharma, Nishit Sinha and Meenakshi Upadhyay.
- How to find good resources on the Internet about CAT preparation?
The internet is full of various free and paid resources you can utilize. Here are the two websites I found useful for you.
Also, I suggest you to subscribing this website as well for other useful articles in various domains.
This was our top suggestion list for CAT preparation. I hope you have been well understanding what it takes to crack CAT exam with high percentile. Fasten your seatbelts and work your ass off to make this opportunity yours.
All the best!