Importance of Geography in civil services
Preparing for geography becomes a significant part of your preparation when you have to get higher marks in UPSC exams. Indian and World geography is one of the most important portions of the paper. Let’s check out the stats for the last 6 years.
Marks distribution in last years from Indian and World Geography
|Year||Number of Questions|
As we can see there are the significant amount of questions which are asked from this portion it is important to choose a good book for it.
Here, I will discuss the book Indian and World Geography preparation books available online.
Geography of India Books for civil services
- Geography of India by R C Tiwari
- India: A Comprehensive Geography by D R Khullar
- Geography of India by Majid Hussain
World Geography Books for civil Services
- World Geography for Civil Services by D R Khullar
- Human Geography by Majid Hussain
- Physical Geography by Savindra Singh
Before buying a World or Indian Geography book
Everyone who has prepared and got succeeded in UPSC or any other services exams recommend reading NCERT first. So, It is always suggested to buy an NCERT handbook along with these books for the preparation.