Indian economy is the subject which is in rising trend in UPSC exams. Since the number of questions asked in UPSC exams is regularly increasing. So it becomes crucial to follow this subject very seriously to score well in this exam.
Numbers of questions asked in previous years from Indian Economy
|Year||Number of questions asked|
Note here that the stats given above are researched over the internet and I tried to be as true as possible but I am not responsible for any mistake.
Well, this is not going to affect the importance of this subject.
Indian Economy book by Ramesh Singh Review
Coming to the Indian Economy Book by Ramesh Singh. this is one of the most popular book to follow for Indian Economics. There are many reasons to buy this book that I will discuss later. But let’s take a look into the content of the book.
- GROWTH, DEVELOPMENT AND HAPPINESS
- EVOLUTION OF THE INDIAN ECONOMY
- ECONOMIC PLANNING
- PLANNING IN INDIA
- ECONOMIC REFORMS
- INFLATION AND BUSINESS CYCLE
- AGRICULTURE AND FOOD MANAGEMENT
- INDUSTRY AND INFRASTRUCTURE
- SERVICES SECTOR
- INDIAN FINANCIAL MARKET
- BANKING IN INDIA
- INSURANCE IN INDIA
- SECURITY MARKET IN INDIA
- EXTERNAL SECTOR IN INDIA
- INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC ORGANISATIONS & INDIA
- TAX STRUCTURE IN INDIA
- PUBLIC FINANCE IN INDIA
- SUSTAINABILITY AND CLIMATE CHANGE : INDIA AND THE WORLD
- PREPARING FOR THE DEMOGRAPHIC DIVIDEND
- HUMAN DEVELOPMENT IN INDIA
- ECONOMIC CONCEPTS AND TERMINOLOGIES
- MODEL ANSWERS* TO SELECTED QUESTIONS
- ECONOMIC SURVEY 2015–16
- UNION BUDGET 2016–17
- RAILWAY BUDGET 2016–17
- one of the Most popular books on Indian Economy.
- Interesting way to describe things will keep you engaged
- Good for GS Economy Mains Section.
- All topics are not important for Exam. You have to select topics based On syllabus .