Sun Tzu was a Chinese general, philosopher and a strategist who is believed to be living in Ancient China in around 500 BC. He is known as the author of The Art Of War. One of the most popular books which are ever written to explain the warfare techniques. His book became significant when the quotes written in this book were implemented in wars and generals got surprising success in all of those. Let’s learn from the quotes about the art of war which are still (even more) significant to implement in our daily lives, business and politics as well.
Best Quotes from the Art of War
- The one who knows himself and knows his enemy will not be in danger in a hundred battles:
- The one who failed to calculate the result is the same person who failed to win a war
- All warfare is based on deception.
- He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight.
- If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near.
- Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.
- Always pretend to be weak if you are able
- Always take the high and sunny side of the ground to win
- To fight and conquer in all our battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy’s resistance without fighting.
- Be unexpected
- A true leader always leads by example, not by force.
- To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.
- Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.
- The greatest victory is that which requires no battle.
- Let your plans be dark, quite and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
- In a war, keeping a nation intact is the best, destroying a nation is second best.
The book contains millions of such quotations, lessons and teachings. The book was kept secret for a long time but now it is all available for your reading. The book is an immense treasure of knowledge and wisdom for those who want to get success in their lives.
The book has been converted in so many different versions like The Art of Business, The Art of war for small Business etc. The book is now used as a premium guide in different warfare institutions.
Final words about Sun Tzu’s The art of war book
The book seems to be a strategic book based on war, and army purpose but it is amazingly useful for developing a character. There is a saying “We are our biggest enemy”. The book also teaches why it is important to win our own enemy if we want to win a battle outside. I recommend reading this book to everyone who wants to grow in his personal life. The book is also a piece of gold for all the people who run any organisation.
The general who wins a battle makes many calculations in his temple before the battle is fought. The general who loses a battle makes but few calculations beforehand. Thus do many calculations lead to victory, and few calculations to defeat